Urban Growth is a practical and therapeutic work-based recovery programme based in Camden Town. We provide horticultural training in organic food growing and informal therapeutic support to individuals with mental health problems. Through horticultural training, participants gain personal and vocational skills to improve their mental health, wellbeing and employability.
What does Urban Growth offer?
- A minimum of two supported working-training days on site (10am-3pm)
- A six month programme with monthly progress reviews
- Structured organic horticultural training
- A safe friendly supportive environment
- Development of life skills and soft skills
Who can join Urban Growth?
To be eligible for a place on the Urban Growth programme, you need to meet the following criteria:
- A history of mental health problems
- London residents aged eighteen and above
- Appropriate mental health support in place, i.e. care coordinator, keyworker, psychiatrist, GP
- Able to commit to two full days per week for six months
- Free of any drug and alcohol problems for at least six months
- No history of physical violence towards another person for at least twelve
How to make a referral
Contact us on 020 7281 8097