Create a video of your mental health story.
All you need is a smart phone. Video is an excellent way to impact people in the digital world. Your story matters, and you do have a voice. Check out our tips for getting started.
EASY GUIDE:What Message do you want to share? Some ideas:
- What does mental ill-health feel like? How might you describe it to others who don’t understand?
- What one small action would give you a kickstart? To be seen? Some training?
- What simple coping advice you learnt from your experience?
- What “help” from others has a negative impact? What works better?
- Keep it simple – Address one topic per video.
- Smart phone – Keep it steady by propping it up against an object. Put it in landscape (sideways).
- Environment – Try to be somewhere quiet, with good lighting.
- Be open and heartfelt – Sharing your story with your authentic voice will resonate with viewers most. It’s okay if you cry or misspeak. You’re sharing a real human story, not a professional acting performance.
- Edit it – Try keep it to 30 seconds, or 2 minutes maximum. Short and simple is the most profound. Edit with YouTube’s video editor, Adobe clip app, or Windows Movie Maker app.
- Share it! – Either send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post on our channels. Or post to your own social media. Please help us drive momentum and awareness by using the #VoiceYourStory and #MentalHealth tag.