Mental ill-health affects 1 in 4.
Help the other 3 understand.
1 in 4 people face mental health problems, at a huge personal and societal cost. The associated negative stigma forces many to suffer in silence.
This silence hides the rich depth of human experience and wisdom gained from learning to live life well, come what may, in both our personal and workplace lives.
The Jobs In Mind awareness campaign, #VoiceYourStory, fights for these silent sufferers, to give voice to the voiceless.If you or someone you know have struggled with mental ill-health, you’ve had quite a journey. You have a story. You have a voice, and it matters.
It matters because:
- Your personal story can encourage others facing the same challenge.
- Your real human perspective can help others who misunderstand mental ill-health, realise just how debilitating it is, and how they can better support those who suffer.
You could be:
- An individual who’s experienced mental ill-health;
- Represent an employer needing workplace diversity and vitality;
- A health-care professional on the frontline with public mental health;
- Or our work touches your desire to donate or volunteer.
Check out the many involvement options from the ‘How you can help’ list on this page.