28 hours per week
£22,000.00 per annum (FTE £27,500)
Islington based, working throughout London
Could you lead an exciting London-wide mental health and employment initiative?
Many Londoners struggle to retain their employment due to poor mental health. More could be done to support employers and employees prevent the stress and cost of losing jobs. Jobs in Mind is establishing a London Job Retention Resource, to provide strategic leadership, training and advice on best practice for this crucial issue.
Trust for London have provided support for a three-year project which was developed in partnership with the London Job Retention Network of employment and mental health professionals.
We are looking for an experienced Project Co-ordinator to lead the work. Based in Islington but working around London, the post holder will lead the work; engaging with employers, trades unions, occupational health specialists and mental health professionals. The successful candidate will be expected to ensure good project outcomes including developing a set of standards for job retention, building a ‘Good Mental Health Checklist’ for employers and working with a range of professionals and those with lived experience to design strategies to change attitudes to mental health in the workplace.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to promote and co-ordinate new initiatives.
- Be confident approaching a wide range of organisations and individuals by phone, email, letter and at face-to-face meetings.
- Have the ability to use databases, surveys and marketing tools.
- Have the ability to collect and analyse information and to present produced work to a high standard to a range of audiences.
- Have an interest in mental health and the desire to contribute towards improved employment outcomes for people with mental health needs.
We particularly welcome applications from people who have lived experience of mental ill health as a user of services or as carer.
How to apply
For further details of how to apply for this exciting opportunity please download an Application Pack and Form. CVs will not be accepted.
- Closing date for receipt of applications; 9:00am Tuesday 17th April 2018. Please send your completed application form to email@example.com
- Interviews will be held at Caxton House, 129 St John’s Way, London, N19 3RQ on Thursday 26th April 2018.
Feedback: In the interests of economy we will only notify those candidates who are shortlisted. Unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to candidates not shortlisted.